Rabble Rousing

For introductions and general discussions

Rabble Rousing

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu May 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Officers & Gentlemen,

We have all noticed participation in NTW and NTW3 has tapered off. Activity in the mod community is diminishing as there are fewer games in the lobby. We had this occurrence in the past and there is little more we can do to invigorate the existing community. Thus said the best hope for increasing participation in the mod is to gain new players from the NTW vanilla community. When the mod was new, [N] actively pursued new players through different means. I would like to suggest that if you have free time you may try to spread awareness of the mod to the rabble and unwashed masses of the vanilla community.

1) Rabble Rousing: Join a vanilla game, be social before the start, advertize the mod, impress the target by destroying them on the field, invite the vanquished to a much better and more realistic gaming experience. Working in teams is more effective, and although it is difficult for most of you, being "nice" will help as well. Once introduced to the mod few players will ever go back to vanilla.

2) Invite: Invite to live chat, copy & paste the links for the mod and clan & community websites etc. Friend and invite players who will then inquire why they can not join your game. Some players have little idea of the mod, clans, and forums. Spend time helping them with downloads and installation, and perhaps go easy on them the first mod game you play.

3) Advertise: Wherever vanilla players may be, lobbies, forums, etc., mention the mod. By simply explaining the great attributes of this fantastic mod will spark interest. There are many ways to get the word out. While AFK for long periods you can host a vanilla game in Steam using the game's name to advertise. I do this often, not launching but locking the game in set-up with a few AI players to spark interest and naming my game "www.thelordz.org." One can also start chat lobbies to do the same thing.

Working with the other NTW3 clans for this purpose would also be helpfull. Any other ideas would be appreciated so please post your thoughts here. If a small percentage of the vanilla multiplayer community were to embrace the mod it would multiply our numbers greatly.

Marshal Sloop
Chief of Staff
[N]
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Re: Rabble Rousing

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Thu May 24, 2012 5:28 pm

I will start this as soon as I can.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Fri May 25, 2012 9:56 pm

I am looking for an officer to help me make a couple of Vids to showcase how wonderful NTW3 is. I would like to start with a three part vid on the battle of Eylau.

Part 1: french attack Russian center and are destroyed by the two Russian Grande batteries of 70 and 60 Guns.

Part 2: The attack on Eylau when the Guard fought in the cemetary and helped stop the Russian attack.

Part 3 10,000 French Cavalry charging the Russian lines and saving the day.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I think maybe a coulple minutes each vid or possibly just one vid broken down into the three parts. I will contact the TWC and see about getting it put on the main page. I do like to show the game effects and sounds more than adding music and special effects.

So anybody interested in helping me with this project please let me know.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Sloop » Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I would think that one video would be better. A shorter, historical documentary type production would be more marketable. I would omit the mini-map and all informational icons to make it look as real as possible. It should have short but ample narration throughout (can you put white lettering on a black box background?) Perhaps start each stage of the battle with a historical type map of the period with a general outline of the positions and intent of the armies. Short, simple, and easy to understand. Don’t forget to have a dramatic shot of Napoleon sitting on a hill somewhere.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Fri May 25, 2012 10:48 pm

@Sloop, I can do that no problem. I thought I would do a small introduction to each part. A quick explanation of whats about to happen.

I was going to show Napoleon behind the Imperial Guard as they fight in the Eylau church yard.

So probably a small vid giving each part about 1-2 minutes.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Tactacus » Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 pm

I'll be on tomorrow bill so we can do it then.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 am

Hey buddy, Eylau does not work all that well. Lets try in the morning with another battle. Ill look to see which one will look nice. No snow map as it messes up my smoke to much.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon May 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Ok, got Eylau to work by changing some settings. So it will be out later today, hopefully you all like it.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Ok guys here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbgeG306 ... detailpage

Please leave feedback on what you like or dont so I can make the vids better.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]DunkFunk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 am

i suppose could go back to the vanilla days and smash out a few 5 lights no art games to invigorate the masses.
[N]DunkFunk

Next

Return to The Tavern