Rome 2 Total War Officially Announced

For introductions and general discussions

Rome 2 Total War Officially Announced

Postby [V]Sparton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:03 pm

http://www.creative-assembly.com/total- ... announced/

Rome 2 Total War has been announced as the next TW title to be released. I will admit, I am looking forward to this but after the huge disappointment Shogun 2 was to me, I will stick to NTW3 until I hear from friends how R2 is. I have been hoping for a Rome 2 because I love the time period, but I have lost a lot of faith in CA after Shogun 2.

Just as a side note my favorite time periods are:
1) 1800's
2) Bronze Age (Romans)
3) WW2

Alright guys, discuss! Let me know if you guys are excited, don't care, etc. Also, if you have any more info regarding R2 feel free to post it here.
[V]Sparton

Re: Rome 2 Total War Officially Announced

Postby [N]Clinch » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:25 pm

We all know that you will buy it. The Aggony clan will rise up and you'll give us a sad somber speech about how you just aren't interested in NTW3 anymore. Then after a few months you will come crawling back to us. At that point CA will announce their new title "Empire 2" and you will post on here how disappointed you were in Rome 2. :poundit:
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [V]Sparton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm not sure if you're just busting my balls or if you are genuinely a dick but I'm no longer an official member of Aggony.
[V]Sparton

Postby [N]Clinch » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm

First off you little pubescent prick, never say anything disrespectful to any ranking officers. This is especially true while you are a piece of scum velite. Second thing is, if you want to be in this clan you must be able to take some "ball busting". The best response would have been something to make everyone laugh while still showing respect. Now...BACK TO THE LATRINES YOU MAGGOT!!!!! :mardybum:
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm

It will be crap, like all the other crap games they made.

Only way i might buy it is if you can control more than 20 units.
then we will mode it into napoleonic and here you go.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Clinch » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:31 pm

From what I understand VC, it will have larger battlefields with larger armies. Also adding the ability of having a land conflict with a navy involved. Imagine the amphibious landings and flanking fire from 74 gun SOL's. If what they say about the game is true, it would be an amazing base for NTW4 but CA seems to exaggerate features to their games. I guess we may have to give up the square idea again but did it really work right anyway?
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 pm

It depends on the ease of modding. A square can be made if new animations can be easily made. We might be able maybe to put NTW animations in it maybe.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Well after reading a little bit more, it seems a little promising.
There seems to be a little more emphasis on strategy and tactics.
Maps are advertised to be bigger but i am not sure about battlemaps, they seem to be talking about campaign maps but we will see.
Eye candy galor it seems but that is not our aim.
From what i read it seems we will still be controlling the same amount of units as before but a unit is redefined. for example a naval unit will include more than one ship.
there is no mention however of what an infantry unit will look like.
If they plan to keep 20 units under our control with the infantry unit being a company size unit then they can kiss my ass with all their claims of new epic scale and feel.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Sparton, read the signs, do not feed the animals, and stay away from the cage.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [V]Sparton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up. I did some reading and it sounds great but they always over advertise their games and make it sound so much bigger, greater, and more realistic than it really is. I will definitely being on the lookout, but it won't suprise me if it is a lot like Shogun 2. I just really hope they go back to classic battles in MP instead of this avatar BS. That is the worst part about Shogun 2 and it almost ruins the entire MP experience in Shogun 2.
[V]Sparton

Next

Return to The Tavern