Rome 2 Total War Officially Announced

For introductions and general discussions

Re: Rome 2 Total War Officially Announced

Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:51 am

I fear they are jealous of console fps games. Got a bad feeling this is going to change the game. They talk about adding movie scripts to the Campaign and Im sure they are going to spend a lot of resources making these. MOST people who play TW titles do not play mp and I think CA knows that. The perfect business plan for them is make a shiny box with amazing graphics and cool fighting animations (this alone will sell a lot of games), make a descent campaign (the ai really doesnt matter here because most people will just buy it, take over all of Europe and never play again), some historical relevance (this is not that important because most people arent history dorks like a lot of us), then at last the mp aspect. The last one is not that important because most people dont play mp. Curious how moddable the game will be because as I stated before most people dont play mp and Id be pretty sure most people dont really use mods. While the community at TWC may seem like a large group, its still just a small percentage of their market. On top of that CA has become pretty accustomed to ignoring these people anyway.
[N]Clinch
Officer

Postby [N]Chromey » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 am

The real best thing I vELITE Chrome hope from rtw2 is that the lordz can mod it into a new ntw4. The single best thing from shogun was their much improved campaign ai. Will i pfeorder rtw2? That is probobly a no. After beta testing shogun 2 for 6 months straight without so much as a ty. ( i have close to 2000 houra logged) id say i got a bone to pick with CA. Limey pricks. God bless em.

Vive le Empreuer!
:worship:
[N]Chromey
Officer

Postby [V]Sparton » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 am

Modding

Total War has enjoyed a vibrant modding community for years. But it wasn't until earlier this year that official map editing tools were released by Creative Assembly. The voracious community wants more.

"There's a whole group of them who want more modding tools and for the game to be more open from that point of view," said Simpson, "and we're certainly working on that, to try and get as close as we want to what they want.

"As we develop our own tools it becomes easier for us to support modders, so we're intending to do that."

"What they actually want is a toolset and capabilities which are better than what we actually have ourselves. They don't realise quite what a horrendous and manual process putting together some of these systems is!"
Mike Simpson

Whether those map editing tools will be included in the Rome 2 box - "we haven't specifically said that yet", Simpson said. "But I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case."

"We haven't really fleshed out what we can and can't do from a modding point of view," Simpson went on. "We're going to spend some more time actually talking to the modder groups and try to come up with a plan that actually delivers them what they need rather than what we think they need, which isn't necessarily the same thing."

To that end, Creative Assembly has organised a modding summit at Total War HQ in Horsham, England. That's next month. Key modders from the community will be invited and both parties will work together for mutual gain.

"And we'll show them a bit more about how we put things together so they understand that a bit better, because a lot of the time they think there are these mythical tools we use, which we can just release and everything will be fine and everybody else will make their own campaigns and it will be happy land for them. And that just isn't quite the way it is - it's not as easy as that, I'm afraid," Simpson stressed.

This was found in this article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... nformation by Euro Gamer
[V]Sparton

Postby [N]LS » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:22 am

The AI will be braindead.
[N]LS
Marshal

Postby [N]DunkFunk » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 am

Take everything you read about a new Total war title with the largest grain of salt. a salt boulder if you have one handy and plenty of water. Where is the uniform editor described on the box of NTW that never EVER made it to the game? they went so far as to put it on the box and then turned over and said.... nah.
[N]DunkFunk

Postby [N]Tactacus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:33 pm

I sense a return of the Global Elite,starring?you guessed it Mel Gibson! thats just for sloop really. :grin:

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Something evil this way comes and it bears the names of Soros and Murdoch!
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Tactacus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Haha i bloody love it ! Oh yeah baby its Hammer and Anvil time.

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Previous

Return to The Tavern