Wine

For introductions and general discussions

Wine

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:19 am

during the last few months, I've started to drink wine almost daily (to help sleep) right! Anyway, my fav so far seems to be Trapiche's Pinot Noir. @Fullin Your country may not have the brilliant military, but man they make good wine!
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.- Tolstoy
[N]GoldSabre

Re: Wine

Postby [N]Fullin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:49 am

Our wines are quite good, and yes our military is not what used to be, when we held a the record of not loosing any wars or military conflict up until 1982 . Still holding a good 11 to 1 record I really hope they dont challenge us these days. .

On the wine side, if you want to go full Argentine, go for Malbec. Trapiche has a decent one, thou the more upmarket ones are really interisting.
Mendoza is the main region producer , but traying the full bodied concentrated wines from Salta its an experience not to be missed.

For classic Cabernet or Chardonnay drink from Chile. Our neighbors do have a brilliant wine if nothing else.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 am

thanks for your Sommelier-ic suggestions sir. I will try all that the local liquor stores and my pockets can offer.
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Sloop » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 am

May I offer an excellent example of california's finest. I prefer the Merlot....

http://www.botabox.com/wines/merlot/merlot/2009.aspx
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby AnkLrd » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:16 am

Sabre try "Guzel Marmara", its cheap as well 5$, but try to find a place close to the hospital before start drinking. :lol:
Attachments
guzelmarmara.png
AnkLrd

Postby Conq » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 am

Malbec? Merlot? The man has only just started on Pinot Noir! Give him some time to transition to the heartier reds!

Stay in the USA. I imagine it's cheaper. I also suppose that given the diversity of climates and geography, you're bound to find something both cheap and complex, particularly from California.

If you're spending large, go French.

Alternatively, try New Zealand Pinot Noir. I suggest Central Otago. It's in the rain shadow of the Southern Alps so the dryness and temperate climate make for some interesting Pinot Noirs. I can only imagine the same would go for Chilean wines. I can't possibly comment on Chilian Wines, however, as I've never tried any!

Conq
Conq

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Correct Conq. You're very insightful as to the transition.
I thank you all for suggestions. Not sure what to make of Somerset's post. sarcasm? good or bad drink?
I tried a Merlot long ago, red or white I can't remember, but I've been reluctant to drink it because it was so dang buttery. I certainly do not like that characteristic. I think I liked the Noir mostly because of the strange lingering spice aftertaste (back palate to throat).
Domestic wine can be quite expensive. When I need to budget I go very cheap and very sweet. I drink a super fruity sweet white called Canei and *whispers now* Riunite's Lambrusco. Grazie Italia. South African Robertson's Sweet Red was good. I drink desserts occasionally. Even tried a fake domestic "port". It was terribly fumey. To my surprise though, after letting it breath for some days it settled into a nice wine chaser.
I was jokingly doing a around the world in 80 wines, but somehow my passage is meandering.
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Fullin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Buy Turkish wine if you need to unscrew some rusty neils.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Lancier » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:42 pm

[N]Fullin wrote:Buy Turkish wine if you need to unscrew some rusty neils.

:lol:
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:12 pm

I recommend "fat bastard", one of my favorites. It is a french wine, if you can get past the name you will see it us quite good. Also chateau St michel is pretty good.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Next

Return to The Tavern