[NBC] Gunner,DJ,NapLrd X [N]Cyn,Druid,emperur

For battlefield reports and news from the front

Postby Somerset » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 am

Rule: LCS

I made a mistake and formed square from line 2 times. It was a reflex cause i forgot about the rule and assumed it was a lobby game. If you watch the replay, first have to find a replay, i waited in lines from the beginning means i totally forgot about the rule. Cyn also did the same mistake after that for once.
We played NTW2 with lov etc. Rules for months years. Everyone made mistakes mostly not on purpose but no one swore each other !!! What you did Cyn swearing both times without warning is not acceptable. Till you apologize cause of this swear in game "you dont join my games i dont join your games". I am disappointed to see such a Napoleonics swearing in game cause i know they never do !

Btw i wont post our victory as a clan league game cause i know you ll never stop blabla as you did in the game. See here to see which battles are counted as CWL.
http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=12142
Somerset

Re: [NBC] Gunner,DJ,NapLrd X [N]Cyn,Druid,emperur

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Perhaps in the perception of what seemed your wrong doing, Cyn made mistake of swearing in anger. Is one mistake worse than another? One mistake for another?
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.- Tolstoy
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Fullin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 pm

NapLrd wrote:[NBC] Gunner,DJ,NapLrd X [N]Cyn,Druid,emperur

Rule: LCS

I made a mistake and formed square from line 2 times. It was a reflex cause i forgot about the rule and assumed it was a lobby game. If you watch the replay, first have to find a replay, i waited in lines from the beginning means i totally forgot about the rule. Cyn also did the same mistake after that for once.
We played NTW2 with lov etc. Rules for months years. Everyone made mistakes mostly not on purpose but no one swore each other !!! What you did Cyn swearing both times without warning is not acceptable. Till you apologize cause of this swear in game "you dont join my games i dont join your games". I am disappointed to see such a Napoleonics swearing in game cause i know they never do !

Btw i wont post our victory as a clan league game cause i know you ll never stop blabla as you did in the game. See here to see which battles are counted as CWL.
http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=12142

Naplrd :

You cant post the game because you broke the rules m8.
Not for any other reason.

We dont play those rules, you enforce those rules on your enemy and then you break them....its kinda funny.
And then you want to post it as a victory , its almost hilarious.

I do not endorse swearing like FVZ from NBC but sometimes it happen. More when someone is flagrantly breaking rules...twice.

So I do apologize in the name of my clan. But you better comply or drop those rules, that by the way we warn you so very much this crap was going to happen....but NBC ,as usual, knows better.
[N]Fullin
Ambassador

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 am

Well i have to say that now TS is open to everyone we need to mindful of our tongue as to not be offensive. Also at the same time one has to expect people getting pissed when rules are demanded by a party then the same party breaks the rule.
2 incidences of last second squares can destroy 2 cavalry units which can tip the odds.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby Somerset » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:17 am

All rules droped for CWL games.

btw its really funny what happened in the game.. my 2 mistakes with drunk conscious(course not your prob.i know) were at start of the battle and they were when Cyn whole army was front of me and his 3 cav. trying to charge my frontally. :grin: I was 100% aware of this move (course cause it was just front of me) and if i could remember lcs i had plenty of time for any precaution. anyway no one has the right for a bad language acc to me whatever the reason as this is game. i am sure no one broke rules on purpose i am glad we solved the prob on lordz forum with Cyn.
Somerset

Postby [N]Sloop » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 am

The [N] High Command is addressing the issue of possible inappropriate behavior within our own ranks.
For the sake of the community I know we will all strive to keep a civil and polite atmosphere amongst ourselves.

To all,

Tisk tisk.

I have no dog in this fight however I do have a moment of free time and I am out of alcohol so...

After years of being called a cheater for firing in melee, embedding my artillery, block shooting, spamming OG, and sniping generals, I doubt you will find me playing with many rules. I am grateful to the Lordz for this fantastic mod and I can easily overlook the imperfections rather than bicker over never ending rules. Should the mod prove unplayable without rules then maybe it's time for Shogun.

As in NTW2 the rules will be broken accidentally and broken on purpose so get used to book length diatribes, endless explanations, and infinite half hearted apologies. Also get used to a myriad of combinations and explanations, pre-game arguments, and after action disputes. Ahead of us we have years of arguing over each clan's different rules and preferences and if we are lucky, maybe in time there will be wonderful acronyms to describe these rules and to shorten the process of explaining what you did wrong you "FIMer".

CA will never produce a historically accurate simulation nor an engine that could be modded into one. The Lordz do the best they can and I will play by their official rules should they wish to post any under the Mods link.

Most importantly, everyone have fun.

Regards,

Marshal Sloop
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Von Thielmann » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 am

I called someone an ass for breaking there own rules.... I have been called much worse and i don't get my panties all in a ruffle.
[N]Von Thielmann

Postby Somerset » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 am

[N]Von Thielmann wrote:... I have been called much worse...

no.
Somerset

Postby Conq » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 am

Nonsensical rules lead to nonsensical, corrosive and demoralising to-and-fro.

People go into games with the reasonable expectation that the person imposing those rules will obey them. If you break those rules when you should be enforcing them, you really shouldn't be surprised when people react in a seemingly disproportionate manner.

In my mind, it doesn't matter whether it was innocent or intentional. The fact that Cyn reacted as he did seems to me to be the exact kind of thing many of us would do. It's not the kind of thing that needs to be posted in the Emperor's forum.

Indeed in my limited experience, posting something on the forum perpetuates the issue. Where a dispute might last for minutes in TS, it lasts for days and weeks on a Forum.

We've all had our (ahem) past indiscretions. On teamspeak, tempers flare, words are exchanged and people say things they usually wouldn't. Then the topic changes, it calms down and we move on.

Move on, Azor/Naplrd/Anklrd/Whatever it's going to be by the time I've finished this post.

Conq.
Conq

Postby Somerset » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:16 am

Move on, Azor/Naplrd/Anklrd/Whatever it's going to be by the time I've finished this post.
Conq

this issue was closed on lordz forum as well months ago, check sloop last post here: 07 April then look at Cyn post now 18 July after more than 3 months ...
no worries Conq i move on,all the time, check lordz forum activities, but you cant see cos you r not around...
Somerset

Next

Return to The Gazette