An EPIC 3v3

For battlefield reports and news from the front

An EPIC 3v3

Postby [N]Wym » Tue May 31, 2011 11:05 am

Spain 1 (using LCS)

I felt I should post this result here as 2 of your fellows fought with skill,honour and dignity

I'm sure were to start? this was one of the longest,hardest and most interesting battles I've participated in,every player was 'on form' and I truly thought my side was going to loose :o

I started by advancing hard and fast to the second hill in front of my deployment zone,with Sharpe in the middle and Tac on the left,with my Horse arty deployed and supported with 5 regiments of cav I awaited the arrival of my main force,arrayed ahead of me was numerous French cavalry(too many to count)Gunner and Kaz were intent on 2v1 against me??? I urgently sent aids to Sharpe requesting immediate support,I also sent aids to Tac advising him on my precarious position,Sharpe sent numerous reserves to my position,Tac also redeployed in good form to join with Sharpe's left.

Gunner&Kaz deployed various artillery batteries ahead of my position and sent various cavalry/skirmishers probes against me.......then lady luck bit me in the ass :evil: after my expectations of a massed cavalry assault against my poorly defended position(which would of worked BTW)had passed the arrival of my allies lifted my confidence until.......
Kaz's artillery opened fire against my Horse arty which was deployed in front of a ruined church,the opening salvo missed my arty but....a ricochet struck my 'Generals aids' killing 2 aids,but not my General??)my generals body guard broke and routed AHHHHHHH.....and never rallied FFS.....so from that point on my poor Brits were going to struggle

After many attacks,feints,withdrawals from both sides during the ebb and flow of the battle our surrounded and beleaguered British/Prussian alliance was gradually pushed further and further back.after a joint attack from Gunner and kaz my entire 'thin red line' broke(I needed my damn GENERAL) with my entire army in retreat I really felt that our defeat was only minutes away.....Tac's Prussians were badly mauled in his attempts of holding and countering Apollo as well as reinforcing my troops..........then Sharpe in his usual and timely way crashes in(after rallying some of my Brits Tac and I had no more than 600 men between us,like wise Gunner and Kaz only had reminents left)Sharpes virtually Fresh British Corps deploys into the famous 2 rank deep line to face Apollo's
reasonably intact French Corps..........after several minutes of exchanging 3/4"lead balls Tac's remaining 200 men charged Apollo's far right flank as Sharpes Brits charged front on routing battalion after battalion until miraculously the Valiant British and Prussians had won the field of battle...........

VVV well Played All ;)
[N]Wym
Officer

Re: An EPIC 3v3

Postby Somerset » Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm

which version is this gents? beta2 or something newer ?
Somerset

Postby [N]Wym » Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Azor wrote:which version is this gents? beta2 or something newer ?

Yep beta2
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Tactacus » Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Marvelous battle,and i do believe after this LCS basically solves the square problem.However to keep this sort of concentration for two plus hours had me at my limits.
I shall do a battle report for this (yes i know thats 2 in the queue),but i advise any N with time on their hands to watch the replay and tell me it doesnt look better or is better for the instant square.
Dont get me wrong i KNOW there will be a few problems with it and minor disagrements,but we are adults and should give it a go. :nod:

Regards
Tac

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby [N]Wym » Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 pm

[N]Tactacus wrote:Marvelous battle,and i do believe after this LCS basically solves the square problem.However to keep this sort of concentration for two plus hours had me at my limits.
I shall do a battle report for this (yes i know thats 2 in the queue),but i advise any N with time on their hands to watch the replay and tell me it doesnt look better or is better for the instant square.
Dont get me wrong i KNOW there will be a few problems with it and minor disagrements,but we are adults and should give it a go. :nod:

Regards
Tac

I have now played several/many games with 'N' members using LCS and I can not recall one misuse of the rule let alone any exploitation?I wasn't sure of LCS when I firstly joined NBC but now it is second nature,there will always be rare occasions were a column isn't fully formed prior to a square,but it is very rare.After extensive testing using the new mod LCS is even more 'needed' as the auto infantry square are far more devastating to cav.......I will never push LCS down anyone's throat,but it is a very good idea and it easily becomes second nature....and as I've already said all the 'N' members I've battled with have followed the rule
[N]Wym
Officer

Postby [N]Burning Apollo » Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Yea i think the LCS rule is actually pretty good. It solves the instant square problem definitely. Like Tac said, you have to keep constant attention on the enemies cavalry and your own troops which can be mind numbing in a long battle like this, but maybe it's worth it? The other problem that arises is honesty. While everyone in this game played like true gentlemen and good sports, I've had games where the rule is ignored and so it is completely pointless unless playing with trusted friends like my dear N, and of course the NBC.
[N]Burning Apollo

Postby [N]Tactacus » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:53 am

I agree apollo. :up:
Forgot to mention,wym can u or apollo post the replay?Ithought i had it but i dont.

Ta

"I'm glad we burned Washington"

Me
[N]Tactacus
Emperor of the IIIrd Empire

Postby Somerset » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 am

more square fans great :fist: :poundit: :lol:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lnx6o3ume8px5c0
Somerset

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:02 am