1814 CAMPAIGN: OPEN DISCUSSION

For discussions of napoleonic games

Re: 1814 CAMPAIGN: OPEN DISCUSSION

Postby [N]Lancier » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:26 pm

The Battle of Langres did not go well for the army of italy but we still have a Friedland to defend. :drunk:
Good try and courage Vaas & Pally against the most dangerous generals of allied army, M.Tactacuski and A.Ferdinsloop.
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]Sloop » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Soldiers of France,

Langres is but a minor setback. The Army of Italy will be refit to stand and meet the Austrians should they dare to approach our beloved Paris.

With the Emperor indisposed, our Marshals missing, and our Generals sent to the west coast to meet an imminent British invasion, all France waits in hope and relies on the young officers of our glorious army to stand and fight to the last.

To Honor and Glory!

Marshal Sloop

I have moved my Headquarters west to Dreux. This has nothing to do with the position of the enemy but it is to gain a more central location for command.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am

Citizens!

Nevermind the setbacks of the Army of Italy. Our glorious commanders are leading the Army of the Rhine to meet those nasty Prussians and their Swedish lackeys near Imiens. Field Marshal Von Conqkrieg accompanied by the Swedish Prince Tacscarpojke threaten the North of France and must be stopped. We await news from the front...

Marshal Sloop
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [V]Vass » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Vass reporting back for duty

Those Prussian and Russian forces say it was a defeat i say NO NO NO we are only re positioning our army's and pulling them onto a battlefield of our choice and our favour .

saddle worn and tired i maybe but defeted NEVER vive le Emperor vive le France :smile:
[V]Vass

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 am

To the Army of the Rhine,

We have met the enemy and our brave commanding officers Sinister and Pints fought with distinction while the crafty and devious Field Marshal Von Conqkrieg and Prince Tacscarpojke signed contracts with the devil as the battle was inconclusive. The opposing armies stand facing each other awaiting the next battle.

Marshal Sloop
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Commanders of the Armies of France,

Rumor has it that a young Prussian officer of great promise is returning from his duties in the east. We must destroy the Prussiansn and the British before this Von Clausewitz fellow returns!

Marshal Sloop
Chief of Staff
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 pm

To all [N] Officers,

I expect the 1814 campaign to be fought until the end, so please keep it moving. I have heard through the grapevine that some officers are blaming defeat on the french faction being too weak. I know this to be laughable as France has been my favorite faction from the beginning. Also most coalition forces are taking one faction from the non major factions including portugal, sweden, and russia (russia is a major nation but the weakest major faction in vanilla).
Finally there are no weak factions, just weak players/tactics and excuses. If someone disagrees with my latest statement, please post here, i will meet you on the field with france against the faction of your choice and put an end to any discussion.

Vive [N]

Emperor Von Clausewitz

A [N] officer dies on the field for his Emperor but does not surrender or turn tail
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Pints of Guinness » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:54 am

My apologies my comrades, I was away on business but I have returned to defend the motherland. To your point VC I think the grummbling was mostly that the allied factions are indeed very strong particularly Britain and Prussia but, as you say, it's nothing that tactics can't win over. God willing our fine and determined officers will overcome!
[N]Pints of Guinness

Postby [N]Sloop » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:22 pm

The 1814 Campaign is hereby Cancelled.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]Sloop » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:02 am

So much for the Kobayashi Maru experiment.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Officer's Club