Roma Surrectum: Mod for RTW

For discussions of napoleonic games

Roma Surrectum: Mod for RTW

Postby [N]Pints of Guinness » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 am

Here's a link to a fantastic mod for RTW called Roma Surrectum. A lot of work has been put in to overhaul both the graphics and gameplay. It has a very easy to use launcher with options for multiplayer. Here's the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559
[N]Pints of Guinness

Re: Roma Surrectum: Mod for RTW

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:34 am

I May try this.
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.- Tolstoy
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Markuz » Sun May 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Roma serrectum 2 is very good. I have installed it today.

Make sure you follow the correct steps otherwise it won't work.

Install rome
patch rome to 1.5
install barbarian invasion
patch barbarian invasion to 1.6
install roma surrectum 2

I got the parts from filefront, some other mirrors may or may not work. And you don't need Alexander as I have played it without.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559
[N]Markuz

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Tue May 24, 2011 5:42 pm

I played some RS2 a few weeks ago as well as a few other RTW mods. I eventually settled with RTR. Republic!
I may go to BE or RS later.
I do wish that RTW had the political intrigue of EU Rome/Vae Victis and the unit accuracy of RS2. That'd be great.
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Markuz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:03 am

Started a camaign in Roma serrectum 2 yesterday and I must say I am loving it.

The graphics are beautiful, the units are varied and maps also.

In the first few turns one finds none other than Hannibal on ones doorstep! I engage him in the north, and within a few turns have to deal with a rebel family member raising roman armies in the south! I set campaign and battles to hard difficulty for a good challenge and I'm glad I did. Hannibal defeated me in our first encounter.

I raised a higher quality army for the second battle, bringing artillery this time. The AI is very good, Hannibal sent his skirmisher cavalry on my flanks to attack my ballisters and scorpions while charging them with fast swordsmen from the front. I had positioned some triarii spearman behind but suffered some serious damage to my lovely artillery park. Luckely my wife required picking up from the train station so I told myself that reloading a save game before the battle would bring no shame. Looking forward to trying again next time. :razz:
[N]Markuz

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 pm

RS 2: Yes that first battle I had with Hannibal was disappointing as I kept out manoeuvring his army with velites so at some point his gen unit came rushing straight through his lines suicide charging. It's as if the AI got angry or something.
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]Markuz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 am

I'm on hard setting for battle and campaign what was yours?
It took three battles to finally defeat Hannibal and three stacks one at a time. Hannibal himself only charged in the final stages of battle with me and he avoided my main force going for my artillery.
[N]Markuz

Postby [N]Sloop » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Time is of the essence. Thus said I must ensure that your Chief of Staff is competitive in the realm of which we dwell and the era of which we derive our name. Thus I have little time outside of these necessary duties to pursue my love of historical simulations in all eras and areas. But it sounds interesting.
[N]Sloop
Site Admin

Postby [N]GoldSabre » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

I only play very difficult with battles with TW. I do the normal for campaigns about half the time unless th modder has urged very diff for both. Not to say the AI can't be challenging at all times, I think it was perplexed, so to speak, on how to approach my position as I was on a small bluff in the terrain. I think I was making a snap judgement in the gen charge. I had some difficulty getting it installed and got a little upset when I saw that behaviour.
Also, as an exploit ofc, there is a "sweet spot" far on the enemies flank where the army will actually scramble to reform offensively or def depending on the distance past flank. Ofc this is behaviour one wants from the AI, but it occurs to me you could probably exhaust the opp army just by walking back and forth over a short distance.
[N]GoldSabre

Postby [N]DunkFunk » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 am

[N]GoldSabre wrote:I only play very difficult with battles with TW. I do the normal for campaigns about half the time unless th modder has urged very diff for both. Not to say the AI can't be challenging at all times, I think it was perplexed, so to speak, on how to approach my position as I was on a small bluff in the terrain. I think I was making a snap judgement in the gen charge. I had some difficulty getting it installed and got a little upset when I saw that behaviour.
Also, as an exploit ofc, there is a "sweet spot" far on the enemies flank where the army will actually scramble to reform offensively or def depending on the distance past flank. Ofc this is behaviour one wants from the AI, but it occurs to me you could probably exhaust the opp army just by walking back and forth over a short distance.

That is the problem i find with nearly all mods when on the defensive and led me to fighting ntw3 battles :drunk:
[N]DunkFunk

Next

Return to The Officer's Club