Kaunitz project

For discussions of napoleonic games

Re: Kaunitz project

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm

kAUNITZ project is currently being brought to NTW. It will stay true to the 7 years war and the tactics of the era. It is a simulation so the game is slow to show ground scale with tactics. Movement speed all of it is to the same scale. It will not be for everyone so if the movement is to slow dont play. It is a mod I really enjoy and would like to share with everyone and now its being moved to ntw so enjoy or not. Well there it is give it a couple weeks and I think it will be ready.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:45 am

Project is now on NTW engine in the Beta stage. Testers are needed and feedback as well. I know the mod is 7 Years War but I think the true simulation players will really enjoy it. Here is the new link.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... st11275873
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Small battle video on the NTW engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pyfGNyW ... e=youtu.be
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 pm

looks a little bit in slo mo. I do not mind that, but reminded me of the early days of our mod when we tried going to a slower speed and people were enraged. So we ended up going for a faster speed.

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes, its slowed down alot to create the ground scale. Kaunitz want an accurate simulation as possible without changing to make people happy. I think alot of his ideas are wonderful and game play is fun but very slow.

I really like his cohesion and the fact that you cannot run all over the battlefield. I wish NTW3 had some of these ideas, then people would complain though.
[N]Bloody Bill

Postby [N]Von Clausewitz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

What ideas are we talking about?

VC
[N]Von Clausewitz
Marshal

Postby [N]Bloody Bill » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Well a few of the ideas Kaunitz uses are these:

1. Units lose cohesion and fatigue by just moving. Information from Austrian doctrine of the era and first hand accunts state the Austrians could hardly move 100 yards without stopping to dress ranks. This was not under fire.

2. As units gain battle experience they lose quality do to combat losses. Longer the fire fight slower and less accurate the fire as well.

3. Units morale is based on the situation, if the three unit to the battalions front break it will break as well with good recovery when safe.

4. Cav cannot mop up routing units for long as it will disorganize itself route and have to reform.

These are a few of the ideas. I really like the mod and would say its not for everyone but I would like the clan to give it a shot. Help me test for Kaunitz to give him some real mp feedback.
[N]Bloody Bill

Previous

Return to The Officer's Club