B.140 / 3V3 DM

For battlefield reports and news from the front

B.140 / 3V3 DM

Postby [N]Lancier » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Death before any single fire !?
Grand Battery from Kettch, Spanish Dragons from Cosak damn these veterans '!!!
VGG. Congratz to our opponents.
Untitled.png
[N]Lancier
Officer

Re: B.140 / 3V3 DM

Postby Barclay de Tolly » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Was able to see the match live (thanks for that White). This must have been a frustrating game for all of you guys and Lancier in particular because of the grand battery. Also, that Spanish cavalry was able to destroy so much of your cavalry without taking to many casualties, are they really that powerfull? A good try non the less and better luck next time.
Barclay de Tolly

Postby [N]Lancier » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Spanish heavy cav is OP. So Avon will weaken the Spanish hvy cav as he said so ^^ But we are beaten to grand battey i think more than that. ;>
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby [N]White » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Well in my personal opinion the Spanish cav is rather broken, I was even shooting it in the back at the same time... anyway GG. Cosak simply caught me on unaware with the melee.
[N]White
Officer

Postby [V]Hekko » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Clearly fighting against the grand battery when brought by decent opponents is something that we are yet to have figured out. So that is something that we have to work on.

I didn't see the fight against the Spanish cavalry unfold, but I checked their stats afterwards and they do not seem to be that out line?

Frustrating game in the sense that one feels very helpless, against the grand battery, but very enjoyable in the challenge it presents.
[V]Hekko
Officer

Postby Cosak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 pm

I seldom post on this forum, but please allow me this time.

[N]Lancier wrote:Spanish heavy cav is OP. So Avon will weaken the Spanish hvy cav as he said so ^^ But we are beaten to grand battey i think more than that. ;>

You've misread the Lordz forum, Lancier. Spanish cav is OP only in current X10 beta-version, with the new cav units from Uxbridge being as strong as French Cuirassiers. In v5.1. they should stay the same as in v5.

All three of you brought only crappy light cav. It's normal you've lost against 4 heavies (with one elite, Cuerpo de Guardia, amongst them). After hundreds of posts on Lordz forum complaining about useless heavy cav, it's understandable you're (unfairly) surprised to lose again heavies.

White wrote:Well in my personal opinion the Spanish cav is rather broken, I was even shooting it in the back at the same time...

All medium cav behave the same, Spanish, French or Sardinian.
Cosak

Postby [N]White » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Im not arguing the fact that we lost the cav battle, I'm arguing the fact that I was firing with my Hungarian grenadiers into their back while they were in melee and they never even took a morale drop :p

However GG. I know you loved that house :)
[N]White
Officer

Postby [N]Lancier » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Did you bring Cuerpo de Guardia as well ? you must be mad ! I thought they were only Dragons there. For me they are still OP at least in your hands :>> (Yes i thought Avon would fix the current Spanish heavies really) See you next time ^^ GG
[N]Lancier
Officer

Postby Cosak » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:40 am

[N]Lancier wrote:Did you bring Cuerpo de Guardia as well ? you must be mad !

1 Cuerpo de Guardias + 3 Dragones
Cosak

Postby [V]Hekko » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:56 am

Cosak wrote:I seldom post on this forum, but please allow me this time.

[N]Lancier wrote:Spanish heavy cav is OP. So Avon will weaken the Spanish hvy cav as he said so ^^ But we are beaten to grand battey i think more than that. ;>

You've misread the Lordz forum, Lancier. Spanish cav is OP only in current X10 beta-version, with the new cav units from Uxbridge being as strong as French Cuirassiers. In v5.1. they should stay the same as in v5.

All three of you brought only crappy light cav. It's normal you've lost against 4 heavies (with one elite, Cuerpo de Guardia, amongst them). After hundreds of posts on Lordz forum complaining about useless heavy cav, it's understandable you're (unfairly) surprised to lose again heavies.

White wrote:Well in my personal opinion the Spanish cav is rather broken, I was even shooting it in the back at the same time...

All medium cav behave the same, Spanish, French or Sardinian.

Well, in all fairness, I did have a unit of dragoons, not that it was anywhere near the actual fight, nor that it is an extremely good cavalry unit.

The purpose of all posts about cavalry on the lordz forum has to do with the cost-efficiency and usefulness of heavies, not their power at killing enemy cav. Cavalry is still very stat-driven, albeit, not to the point of V1 and V2 but still. Making heavies ideal for the role of anti-cavalry. However, heavies are useless against infantry from a cost-efficiency point of view. Hell, one unit of Hungarian grenadiers routed 3 units of cavalry in the fight around the house at the end, and the Hungarians were not in square, albeit they had help from the house's shooting. I.e. 3 units of cavalry in the ballpark of 3000-3500 were unable to shift a unit of Hungarian grenadiers at around a 5th of that cost in a situation where the cavalry should be at it's strongest and get decisive results against the infantry.

Thus heavies become pointless, because, from an opportunity cost point of view the best way to neutralise the heavy cavalry is by bringing as little cavalry as possible for it to kill. You get two birds in one stone here because you deny the enemy cavalry it's usefulness, while you get more useful units in the form of infantry as well (which should more than cover any slip-ups regarding in the loss of an infantry or two against the enemy cavalry).

Then of course, it's a slightly different matter if you have a grand battery you want to keep alive as we found out to our detriment today :up:

Once again, well played Cosak & Co, you really caught us off guard.
[V]Hekko
Officer

Next

Return to The Gazette